Our Sister company HCMA Training Academy delivers accredited and non accredited training programmes for the development of both mentoring and peer mentoring for individuals and organisations.
For more information please visit HCMA Training Academy
We have facilitated some pioneering specialist programmes which include mentoring, coaching and NLP for staff, volunteers and service users within the mental health sector. We currently work in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Southampton with the following organisations: Guidepost, Mind, Viewpoint, Dens, and local councils.
The purpose of our work is to evaluate the effectiveness of different peer mentoring models in different sectors and to assess the impact that they are having on the people involved.
What is Peer Mentoring?
- Traditionally a 1:1 non judgmental relationship
- Participants are of a similar age or have shared a similar experience
- Peer mentors can offer support from a position of real understanding
- Support can range from being target focused to informal “Buddying”
What form can it take?
How can peer mentoring be used to support people?
Peer mentoring can be a useful and effective support strategy for people in a range of settings. The following are just some of the areas where it is currently being utilised:
- Behaviour improvement
- Raising attainment
- Anti – Bullying
- Looked After Care leavers
- Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Supporting Volunteers
- People with Disabilities
- Other Support Strategies for People
Please contact us for further information.
Please Click Here for Terms and Conditions